Maximize patient satisfaction and increase your volume by adding self-collection screenings.
You manage your patients' care. We'll handle the logistics.
Interested in EMR integration?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You love treating. Patients love self-collecting.
- Women find it easy and prefer to collect their own vaginal swabs to diagnose Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae infections.
- Effectiveness and Patient Acceptability of a Sexually Transmitted Infection Self-testing Program in an HIV Care Setting
- Is self-swabbing for STIs a good idea?
- Screening for HIV, hepatitis B and syphilis on dried blood spots: A promising method to better reach hidden high-risk populations with self-collected sampling.
How Kalamos works with your practice:
- In coordination with your preferred screening frequency, Kalamos will first submit a lab requisition form to you.
- Once we have the lab requisition, we deliver necessary sample collection devices to your patient in a timely matter.
- After the patient collects their samples, they will return them to our partner lab via a pre-addressed USPS package. We'll make sure to follow up if there are any problems or delays.
- When our partner labs receive the samples, they will complete the assays and we will return the results via your preferred secure channel.
- When a patient is due for another preventative screening, we will reach out again with a new lab requisition form.
We want to strengthen your practice:
With STI levels at record levels, the need for testing has never been higher. In addition, the availability of PrEP has inundated provider offices treating gay men with routine screening.
Kalamos aims to offload that routine testing from your office to patients' homes. We also want to expand the number of your patients that are comfortable with routine screening, but may be to afraid ask for three site sample collection.
Finally, we want to take the administrative process out of scheduling screening appointments. With the CDC recommending sexually active gay men be tested every three months, we believe proactively sending kits to patients will increase adherence.
We do not want to interfere with your existing billing relationship with a patient. We charge a monthly membership fee directly to the patient to cover administrative costs and make our tests available at almost no-margin, generally inline with a co-pay.
Upon a positive test result, we allow the requesting provider to manage care and billing, however you and the patient see fit.
If you work with a large health system that manages labs and billing, our partner labs can reference for your lab at a flat fee so that your health system can maintain the billing relationship.
Inline with the CDC, we recommend providers order a three-site screen for chlamydia and gonorrhea as well as blood work for HIV, syphilis, Hep B/C, and creatinine.
- Chlamydia trachomatis (CT): cobas® CT/NG Test
- Neisseria gonorrhea (NG): cobas® CT/NG Test
- Trichomonas vaginalis (TV) BD Viper ProbeTec TV Qx Amplified DNA Assays
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV): GS HIV Combo Ag/Ab EIA
- Syphilis: The TREP-SURE EIA assay
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV): ORTHO HCV Version 3.0 ELISA Test System
We look forward to working together!
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.